Saturday, August 18, 2007

First website

Last week I set up my website hosting on GoDaddy.com. I'm first working on my StayFidoStay.com website. The site will is a resource for pet travel. End users will be able to search hotels and inns that claim to be pet friendly. However, unlike other pet travel websites I will feature reviews and critiques that I write or other pet lovers submit.

So about the technical part of the web site....I'm working on setting up the SQL Database right now. This is my first SQL db but I seem to be learning it quickly. Along with setting it up I'm having to learn ASP and brush up on my HTML. I decided to host on a GoDaddy Windows server because the VB scripting used in ASP pages is intuitive to me. Its very similar to Lotus Script which is my current job and expertise.

No comments: